Low Carb Mom's

Welcome! I'm a busy recruiter in Financial Services (LOVE it!) and a mom to four awesome kids:
(Aerial 17, Maddison 13, Elijah 11 & Noah 8).

Low Carb is how I dropped the baby weight & got in shape. I blog about livin' la vida low-carb in hopes of helping other mom's implement the lifestyle and lose the weight for good using "normal" people food and meal planning.

Follow me on Facebook & Pinterest :)

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Staying Motivated

OK, so Scott woke up this morning feeling fat - and that has him somewhat discouraged; even though I can already see a huge difference AND he was able to fit into shorts he wasn't able to wear just 5 days ago (pre Low Carb). So what's the deal...why the discouragement?

I went through this too. Sometimes we get in "I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!!!!" type of mindset. It's important to realize that YES, Low-Carb will produce lightening fast results (I lost 80 lbs in 3 months), BUT during the initial stages of Induction you must be patient to allow yourself to go into a deep Ketosis, and then the fat begins to melt off. Add physical activity to the mix, and you've got a recipe for serious fat burning and noticeable results right away.

So don't get discouraged! Don't go based on your feelings. Definitely only weigh yourself once a week at most. The goal here is to look good naked (and clothed for that matter). Track your fat loss results by measuring yourself (not weighing because muscle weighs more than fat - and since we're strength training, undoubtedly we are packing on muscle in place of the fat loss so the weight on the scale will most likely be deceiving). I simply tried on clothes that were too small pre Low Carb. If they fit - I knew it was working. That's the best way to stay motivated ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment