Low Carb Mom's

Welcome! I'm a busy recruiter in Financial Services (LOVE it!) and a mom to four awesome kids:
(Aerial 17, Maddison 13, Elijah 11 & Noah 8).

Low Carb is how I dropped the baby weight & got in shape. I blog about livin' la vida low-carb in hopes of helping other mom's implement the lifestyle and lose the weight for good using "normal" people food and meal planning.

Follow me on Facebook & Pinterest :)

Monday, September 13, 2010

Low-Carb'ing through stress.

Ok, it's been quite a stressful several days. First, I fell down the stairs and broke my right pinkie toe. OUCH. Then, I learned that someone very dear to me passed away on Friday. Not to mention the normal day to day stress of raising four children.

I'm an emotional eater. When I get stressed, I want to eat sweets. To avoid going off the plan, I always keep Sugar Free Jello on-hand, and some Truvia to sweeten homemade whipping cream. That usually feeds my craving for sweets.

I also find it important to journal and get those feelings out on paper (or electronically if it's easier - which it is in my case).

Overall - it's not difficult to stay on the Low-Carb plan throughout massive amounts of stress. The cravings aren't overbearing, and not having to deal with the blood sugar roller coaster because of our low carb lifestyle definitely helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment